Total Pageviews

Monday, March 29, 2010

I have never written a blog. This is my first time. My blog is about sharing quick, easy and tasty recipes. You will see recipes from East India (where my parents are originally from) but I will also include dishes from China, Singapore, Thailand and other parts of Asia as well as Continetal recipes. I grew up in Hong Kong so I am influenced by the Chinese culture, especially their food.
My first recipe that I am going to share is one of my favorties. It is called Clay Pot Chicken. I cook this in a traditional Chinese clay pot. However, a simple wok will do.
For those of you who are vegetarians, you can substitute the chicken with Portabella Mushroom burgers and vegetarian stock.Serving for 4
Ingredients:
1 pound of sliced boneless skinless chicken
half a bunch of green onions - chopped
dehydrated mushrooms - soak this in hot water for about 10 mins. Chop it up in small pieces
fresh cut up ginger or ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
chicken stock - 2 cups
soy sauce
chili oil
1 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed in a little water - to make a paste
RECIPE
In your wok or clay pot, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Throw in your chicken and saute till the color turns brown.
Add your chicken stock - let it simmer
Add soya sauce for color and flavor and also add one tablespoon of chili oil & the ginger
Let it cook for about 20 mins on medium fire
Add the chopped green onions & mushrooms
Add the cornstarch mix.
Serve on a bed of hot jasmine rice.
Enjoy your meal, Douzo Meshiagare (Japanese), Sihk faahn (Cantonese - Eat), Buon Appetito (Italian), Afiyet Olsun (Turkish), and of course Bon Appetit!


Free Hit Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment